Donations in 2017written on 05th of February 2018 in Support & solidarity.
An important aspect of our work at roots of compassion is to support other initiatives. Five times each year we introduce an organization we want to support and give a certain amount to them. Apart from that there’s a monthly donation to an animal sanctuary in Germany, and of course we occasionally give some money to whatever comes up in the meantime.
This year we gave 3,700 € to:
- the initative against coal-mining ausgeCO2hlt (753 €)
- Hard to Port (697.50 €) who fight whaling
- the animal sanctuary Lebenshof für Tiere Iserlohn (600 €)
- Mastanlagen Widerstand (516 €) who fight animal factories
- Watch the Med Alarmphone (310 €) who support refugees in danger in the Mediterranen Sea
- Tribunal “NSU-Komplex auflösen” (250 €) who do what the German Government is not willing to do
- the animal rights organization tierretter.de (210 €)
- the local initiatve (200 €) against Nazis in Muenster
- the organization of several animal sanctuaries Free Animal e. V. (140 €)